Construction has begun on the newest Santa City Clara Library! The Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends has entered into a $9.85 Million construction contract with Bogard Construction. Your new library will be 17,355 square foot and silver LEED certified. Under current budget projections, it is expected to open in late 2013 and be heavily utilized by the children of local elementary schools, Rivermark shoppers and local residents.
- Collection – 50,000 items including books, audiobooks and movies, in addition to the ebooks and database content available online.
- Community room – 2,000 square foot community room, located immediately to the left of the entrance, will be available for community groups as well as library programming
- Four small group study areas
- Computer workstations and wifi available throughout building
- Modern design that blends in with the existing community and features pleasant use of colors
- Public art selected to be representative of the local community
Library patrons will be able to come to the large programming space for summer reading programs and educational programs throughout the year. The convenient location next to the school, park, restaurants and grocery stores will make this a very popular and well utilized library.
We’re extremely fortunate that the Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends currently has sufficient funds for the construction costs and initial collection of the new library. This means we can enjoy a beautiful facility with a basic collection of books, magazines, newspapers, CDs and DVDs that will get the library off to a great start.
The Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends is currently engaging in a fundraising campaign to support future library needs. As you know, the city budget has been fairly tight these past couple of years and is expected to be tight the next few years as well. We all want our library to be on the cutting edge of materials, programs and services to serve our community in the best way possible- from the moment its doors open to years from now. Your investment in your library NOW will ensure this. For more information, contact us at (408) 615-2987.