The City of Santa Clara has already committed more than half the funding needed to upgrade the facilities to meet state safety and environmental codes as well as being more energy efficient. In addition, the layout of the library will be transformed to support a more vibrant and modern library for our current and the next generation of learners.
In addition to the facility upgrades the Mission library will be beefing up its staffing with <x> full time librarians, which will allow it to be open <x> days a week with increased regular hours of <hours>!
The Santa Clara City Library will establish programs that provide a diverse range of subjects and resources that engage and inspire our multiple constituencies. Examples of these programs may include:
|CHILDREN & STUDENTS
● Reading programs for preschool and elementary age children, including specific resources for children from families for whom English is not the primary language spoken at home
● Programs and resources that support and supplement Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Art and Design in the Santa Clara schools
● Educational and study skills resources for high school and college students
● Concerts and cultural events for the whole family
● Adult literacy programs
● Home repair and maintenance workshops for those who live in some of our area’s more historic homes
● Courses that teach communication skills, providing increased confidence for those seeking employment and increased participation in our community
● Cooking classes for those who wish to explore better nutrition and use of organic foods
● Classes for older adults who may need help navigating finances, medical care and other issues
● Concerts, cultural events and films
● Access to and support of technology including computers and Wi-Fi
● Classes and resources for adults for whom English is not their primary language
● Workshops providing information about local culture and resources for immigrants
While the list above represents the types of programs we want to bring to the Mission Library, The Santa Clara City Library will actively seek input from our neighbors to identify and implement programs that best meet the needs of our community.
How can I help?
Donations are always welcome! The SCCLFF is a 501(c)3 charity and most donations are tax deductible.
Donate online here: <donation link here>
For donations by check: Print this form to include with your check and mail your donation today to
Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends
2635 Homestead Rd
Santa Clara, CA 95051