The Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends 2014 Craft Faire will be on Saturday, December 6th 2014 in the Santa Clara Central Library Redwood and Margie Edinger rooms, from 10am until 4pm. If you would like to apply to have a table at this event, please read the following and then either print out and return the pdf application below or fill out the form and press the submit button. If you apply online, please send photos of your work or craft to email@example.com. If you submit a hard copy application, please include photos.
Information about the craft faire
- Spaces are a minimum donation of $25.00 each. Enclose payment in the form of a check. Checks are payable to “Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends”, and should be sent to Santa Clara City Library, ATTN: Craft Faire, 2635 Homestead Rd., Santa Clara, CA 95051.
- The Library Foundation will e-mail an acceptance or rejection, in most cases, will be sent within 10 days of application being submitted.
- An artist’s booth location is selected by Faire representatives and confirmed with artists no later than 10 days prior to Faire.
- Requests for electricity will be accommodated on a first-come first-serve basis and confirmed with artist when booth assignment is made.
- Note: There is absolutely no Food allowed in the Library.
- Parking lots at the Santa Clara City Library are intended for use by Faire patrons. Artists are encouraged to use street parking which is available along Homestead Road.
- Pets are not permitted inside the Santa Clara City Library. Service animals are permitted.
Applications are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applications may be submitted via mail or in person using the information listed on the last page of this application. A limited number of spaces are available for rent. In order that we offer our consumers variety we limit the quantity of spaces sold to artists selling similar items. Once a category has reached capacity, applicants will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which their application was received. The Santa Clara City Library Foundation Craft Faire reserves the right to deny participation to any applicant. Participation in a previous Faire does not guarantee acceptance into this year’s event.
- PAYMENTPayment is required at time application is submitted. Payment can be made in the form of check, or money order. If paying by check. Please make checks payable to the “Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends”.
- BOOTHS/TABLESBooth fee includes a 5’x 5′ space and a maximum of two chairs. The Faire will be held inside the Santa Clara City Library. Booths are typically located on level surfaces, however, please be prepared to accommodate uneven and sloped ground as well as different types of surfaces. Booth locations will be confirmed with artists prior to the event. Participation in a previous Faire does not guarantee the same booth location in future events.
- ELECTRICITY/GENERATORSElectricity is not readily available. Requests for electricity are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. The use of a generator is prohibited. Artists are to bring their own extension cords if needed. Extension cords are not available from Faire coordinators.
- SET UP and TAKE DOWNArtists may set up their booths on Saturday morning beginning at 8:00a.m. Please come to the short-term parking lot next to the front of the Library and you can unload. All materials must be hand carried to your assigned booth. Handcarts will not be provided by the Faire. Booths need to be staffed and operational from 10:00am through 4:00pm on Saturday. The City of Santa Clara and the Santa Clara City Library are not responsible for personal items that are lost or stolen.
- SAMPLING and PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIESSales and promotional opportunities must be made within the confines of your physical booth structure. It is not permissible to sell, promote, distribute, or sample wares/products and/or literature in any other areas of the Faire. Tables, chairs, and displays must be set up inside your booth space. Banners, signs, balloons, etc. must be affixed to your booth. It is not permissible to distribute any type of consumable samples (food and/or drink) at the Faire.
- SUBLEASING YOUR BOOTH or TRANSFERRING PARTICIPATIONOnly the name or company listed on the application may participate in the Faire. Franchises must apply to participate separately by filling out a separate application. It is not permissible to display, promote, and/or distribute products or literature for any company, organization, or individual other than the one listed on the application. It is not permissible for an artist to sell, trade, transfer, share, or give away the right to participate in the Faire.
- EXCLUSIVITYExclusivity is not to be expected. It is highly probable that artists/companies offering similar products or services will participate in this event. Their booths may be located near or next to one another. While a concerted effort will be made to place the booths of like items apart, it cannot be guaranteed and refunds will not be offered if that occurs.
- QUESTIONS: Please call the Santa Clara City Library Foundation office and leave a message at (408) 615-2988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete this form to apply for a spot in the craft fair.
Craft Faire fees may be paid in the form of a check, cash or money order. Please make checks payable to “Santa Clara City Library Foundation and Friends” and send them to this address
Santa Clara City Library
ATTN: Craft Faire
2635 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95051
•LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In CONSIDERATION of the acceptance of the application for entry into the activities listed on the application form above this agreement, I hereby WAIVE, RELEASE, and DISCHARGE, any and all claims for the damages for death, personal injury, or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me as a result of my participation in the said activities. This release is intended to discharge in advance the City of Santa Clara, The Santa Clara City Library, City Council, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all liability arising out of or connected with my participation in the said classes or activities, even though that liability may arise out of NEGLIGENCE or CARELESSNESS, on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
I HAVE READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY FOR WHICH I HAVE APPLIED, AND I AM AWARE THAT THESE ACTIVITIES SUBJECT ME TO PHYSICAL RISKS AND DANGERS. NEVERTHELESS, I VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY OR DEATH, AND TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS ALL OF THE ENTITIES OR PERSONS MENTIONED ABOVE WHO, THROUGH NEGLIGENCE OR CARELESSNESS, MIGHT OTHERWISE BE LIABLE TO ME, OR MY HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, NEXT OF KIN, SPOUSE OR ASSIGNS.
It is understood and agreed that this waiver, release, and assumption of risk is to be binding on my HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, NEXT OF KIN, SPOUSE and ASSIGNS. I have carefully READ this Agreement and fully UNDERSTAND its content.