The Santa Clara Library has been nominated for a Helen Putnam Award for its Sustainable U initiative! What’s Sustainable U? It’s a set of programs to help Santa Clarans live a healthier lifestyle. It’s things like:
- The seed library, where you can pick up and drop off seeds
- Being a delivery point for both CSA (community supported agriculture) and CSF (community supported fishery) deliveries
- Hosting programs about home cooking, like bread making
- Hosting a volunteer fair to get people involved in their communities
- Being a stop for the Library 2 Library Bicycle Tour, to raise awareness about public transportation
The Helen Putnam Award recognizes programs run by California cities to improve the quality of life in their communities. We’re proud to support Sustainable U!