The library is starting an English as Second Language (ESL) Conversation Club and is looking for a volunteer to coordinate the program. The club will offer a comfortable environment for adults with limited English language skills to practice speaking in English.
In consultation with library staff, the ESL Conversation Club Coordinator will:
- Recruit, orient, and lead a team of Volunteer Conversation Partners
- Select curriculum materials for use by volunteers in the ESL Conversation Club
- Create flyers and other material to publicize the program
- Collect data and submit reports for program evaluation.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and supervise volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Enthusiasm, creativity, patience, and a sense of humor
- Ability to organize and pay attention to detail
Knowledge/ experience in the field of teaching English Language Learners preferable . Please contact Jenni Hsiao at (408)615-2906 or if you are interested.